CMD are working with a leading multi discipline engineering organisation based in Wiltshire. Due to continued growth, as a result of being the most trusted name in the industry, our client now requires a Design Draughtsperson to join their drawing office using 2D AutoCAD and 3D software, ideally Inventor.
You will be producing a variety of drawings using using 2D AutoCAD and 3D software. There will also be a requirement to use Advance Steel, though training will be given when required.
You will be required to draught up drawings in preparation for the division, including good quality general arrangement and assembly drawings for tendering, design, and installation; detail drawings for manufacture; process flow diagrams; specification drawings; planning permission drawings and "as built" drawings as required.
- From time to time there will be a need for the draughtsperson to visit customers sites to take measurements of existing equipment and civils.
- Assuming responsibility for the project
- Responsible for ensuring that designs comply with relevant British standards.
- You will be required to create drawings for a variety of steel framed agricultural buildings working closely with clients to meet their specifications.
- Producing drawings for Steel Framed Buildings within the Agricultural and Industrial sectors
- Liaising with colleagues, other departments and project teams with respect to model/drawing requirements
- Contributing to projects from conception through to completion
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of structural steelwork and be able to work unaided to draw up concepts for supporting machines and providing access around them.
- Able to prepare manufacturing details of structural steelwork and items made from steel plate is a requirement.
- Knowledge of visiting site to do surveys and gather information enough for the preparation of site layout drawings and/or planning drawings as required.
- Knowledge of structural steel and steel framed buildings
- Strong attention to detail
- Will be able to develop the schemes and take them to a level where a structural engineer can work out steel member sizes.
- Understand the requirements for access and be able to design catwalks and stairs/ladders that conform to all relevant standards.
- AutoCAD 2D & Autodesk Inventor 3D cad software
In return our client is offering a long-term career within a company where hard work is valued and rewarded, also you will have the Company Benefits which include Yearly Bonuses, Pension, Employee Share Scheme and Staff Discount