CMD are working with a leading local consultancy who specialise in analysis and decision support to the defence industry. This includes cost estimating and modelling, risk, schedule, benefits and operational analysis. Due to continued growth our client is now seeking to appoint a Cost Engineer/Modeller to join their growing team.
You will be required to understand the scope of research technology, estimating costs of complex systems, developing analysis tools and techniques and providing advice and support to our client's customers.
- Develop life cycle cost/schedule/risk estimates for future acquisitions
- Undertake data identification, collection and normalisation from appropriate source
- Present and communicate analytical information including data visualisation
- Assist with Whole Life cost Estimating including FOREX and Financial treatment
- Portfolio, programme and project management (benefits realisation, evidence management etc)
- You will be working with Defence Equipment and Support
- Experience of collecting, collating and interpreting cost or financial data from previous projects, supplier estimates, internal experts and published sources
- Expert user of MS Excel, familiarity and confidence in using spreadsheets to create basic to complex models
- Understanding of MOD policies and procedures for Cost Estimation and Modelling, and associated supporting documentation (JSP 507, JSP 655, AQUA book, Green Book)
- Knowledge of project controls concepts, practices, and procedures, specifically project schedules, work breakdown structure, risk and budgets
- Experience of analysing cost data and generating incisive outputs and advice to clients
- A track record of effective liaison with clients and stakeholders
- Conversant with MS Word and Powerpoint
In return our client is offering, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, health and life insurance.