My client is looking to recruit an experienced CNC Turner for their machine shop located in Corsham.
They manufacture precision parts for the rail industry, and you will be joining a small team of experienced engineers for a global company with locations throughout the world.
The main duties within the role are:
- Set / operate / program CNC Machines.
- Adhere to the QA, inspection procedures and control plans.
- Adhere to Health and Safety and ensure when setting a machine / operation for a fellow worker, there is compliance to the working regulations.
- Adopt a proactive approach to your daily working to ensure effective and efficient Inspection planning and Process controls.
- To ensure continuity of activities with other Machine Operators.
- To ensure the machining activities are always performed to the highest level of robustness within business time constraints.
- Practical Engineering background / time served skilled engineer.
- CNC machine knowledge and experience.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Experienced in the use of hand measuring equipment such as Vernier's, Micrometres, DTI, etc.
The role will involve working permanent nights Monday to Wednesday 8.30pm to 7.00am and 8.30 to 6.00am on Thursdays.