My client is looking to recruit an experienced CNC Machinist for their machine shop located in Corsham.
They manufacture precision parts for the rail industry, and you will be joining a small team of experienced engineers for a global company with locations throughout the world.
The main duties within the role are:
* Set / operate / program CNC Machines.
* Adhere to the QA, inspection procedures and control plans.
* Adhere to Health and Safety and ensure when setting a machine / operation for a fellow worker, there is compliance to the working regulations.
* Adopt a proactive approach to your daily working to ensure effective and efficient Inspection planning and Process controls.
* To ensure continuity of activities with other Machine Operators.
* To ensure the machining activities are always performed to the highest level of robustness within business time constraints.
* Practical Engineering background / time served skilled engineer.
* CNC machine knowledge and experience.
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
* Experienced in the use of hand measuring equipment such as Vernier's, Micrometres, DTI, etc.
The role will involve working 12 hour night shifts 4 on 4 off which is a premium is paid for within the salary advertised.