My client manufacture safety critical engineered products for a global client base and are looking to recruit an experienced Buyer for their Procurement team based in Wiltshire.
They are looking for a candidate with previous experience within an engineering business, who has a good knowledge of fabricated and welded products to join the team.
Within the position of Buyer will responsible for cost savings, delivery performance, supplier quality performance and the inventory turn rate and the following main duties:
- Purchasing of new and existing parts for the
- Definition of all purchasing parameters until the serial release of a
- Release of first article purchase orders at approved
- Negotiation of frame and delivery contracts, price negotiation of specific products and
- Knowledge and understanding of contract related legal and commercial
- Responsibility for ensuring all commercial documents are in situ to allow Purchase Orders to be placed against a
- KPI responsibility for a certain supplier and product portfolio (savings gross/net, supplier delivery reliability, supplier delivery quality, purchased parts turn rate, number of suppliers).
- Supplier management (introduction, supplier development, supplier exit).
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience within a similar role, and preferably MCIPS Certified or hold an Engineering degree.
In return my client offers a great salary package, including competitive salary, private health care, 6% pension, 25 days holiday, flexible working etc.