Business Development Manager - Africa region
£60,00 - £65,000
Do you have the natural ability to build strong business relationships? Are you extensive knowledge of Africa? If so, we want to hear from you!
Our client based in Swindon is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their expansive company on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for leading growth and development of the business's portfolio across Africa, whilst representing the company values, standards and maintaining a network for business opportunities.
- Build and maintain professional networks that enables opportunities.
- Engage across in-country stakeholders, including commercial companies, Embassies, national ministries and / or international organisations.
- Identify and qualify opportunities which leads the capture process and the UK based Bids team to the point of 'contract win'.
- Increase market share in identified markets and maximize profitability.
- Attend industry functions that provides feedback on market trends.
- Ensure all data is timely, accurate and effectively managed through the companies CRM system.
- Provide BD information to the Head of Programme for Monthly Board Reporting and Monthly Programme Reviews.
- Present resource budgets for annual BD activity and effectively manage this within company policies and ethical corporate governance guidelines.
- Devises workable and innovative technical concepts.
- Cultural knowledge of Africa
- 10 years' experience in international defence and / or security
- Ability to engaging in business relationships
- Deliver high levels of customer service
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- French speaking would be adventitious but not essential
The successful candidate will have a strong background in UK and international defence and / or security whilst naturally building and maintaining business relationships with both individuals and groups. You will have the ability to demonstrate organisational culture, values and reputation within selected markets in a negotiable, timely and professional manner.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.