Business Development Executive
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 basic with a realistic OTE of £45,000 - £50,000
Company Car, Mobile Phone and Laptop.
21 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Based in Cardiff with a region to cover across South Wales.
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Are you a Sales Orientated Business Development Executive?
Do you enjoy generating and developing your own leads?
If you are answering Yes, then please read on and apply below.
Our Client has over 30 years of expertise in delivering effective communications solutions to their clients. Providing a strong partnership with industry leading suppliers combined with award winning service support.
The key purpose of this role is to generate new business.
This includes, but is not limited to, building and maintaining a pipeline of potential clients, pitching to potential new clients, "cold calling" potential new clients and having a thorough understanding of the affiliate business, as well as an understanding of our Clients product range.
The Business Development Executive (BDE) will work closely with the Sales Director to ensure all opportunities for new business are capitalised on and no stone is left unturned in the pursuit of new opportunities.
You will have a deep understanding of affiliate marketing and a proven track record of driving programme growth through a variety of different tactics, as well as demonstrable examples of taking a client from initial conversation, through to pitch, and finally to signed contract.
Key Personal Responsibilities
- Work with and develop the current prospect database within specified business sectors to generate effective leads & exceed sales targets for the business.
- Work with identified existing clients to extend current product offerings and introduce new services where possible.
- Develop a sales contact plan to include cold-calling, direct marketing, and participating in industry events to build relationships with key prospects.
- Respond to incoming Requests for Information and requests for proposals in a professional and creative way.
- Understand a prospect's business needs and develop a tailored digital marketing proposal using all relevant products and solutions, drawing on expert internal resource as required.
- Work closely with colleagues to identify new business prospects and cross-sell integrated search and affiliate propositions.
- Represent our Client at industry events, including round tables, speaking forums and new business events where appropriate.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to identify appropriate 'go to market' messaging for specific business sectors.
Knowledge sharing, learning & development
- Enhance own development by taking responsibility for staying informed and up to date with industry knowledge.
- Work closely with the affiliate team to develop new business proposals.
- Work closely with the business development team, strategic partners, technical, marketing and implementation teams to demonstrate expertise at new business pitches.
- Contribute to the learning environment by identifying areas where there is potential for learning and building knowledge with others.
- Adopt the performance management scheme by setting objectives, participating in performance reviews and building a personal development plan/
- Tenacious & creative sales approach.
- Curious and inquisitive.
- Driven and motivated by results.
- Passionate about performance marketing.
- Strong presenter, negotiator, and influencer.
- Excellent written skills.
- Organised with excellent time management and attention to detail.
- A self-starter who can spot new opportunities.
- Able to work as part of wide and varied team.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Dan Pyle at CMD Recruitment on 01225 800378 and email