Backend Web Developer
£45,000pa - £50,000pa
Full time permanent
Are you forward-thinking with strong multi-tasking skills? Do you have a hands-on approach to your work, whilst being able to prioritise your tasks? Are you an experienced Web Developer looking for your next step? If so, we want to hear from you!
Our client, a leading organisation near Swindon is looking for an experienced Backend Web Developer to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. This is an exciting position, leading and managing the web development across 5 different countries.
- Management and development of websites
- Project Management
- Manage third-party suppliers providing server hosting and any outsourced development
- Develop existing websites with emphasis on data management and visualisations, linking backend database systems with interactive frontend user experiences for a range of audiences
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure optimisation of digital infrastructure for global website performance
- Implement functionality upgrades both front and back end to improve systems performance
- Development and management of a central master Content Management Systems database for secure storage, managed access and data - Work closely with our Marketing and Product teams to develop systems to maximise digital assets.
- Ensure data moves neatly between multiple systems using custom APIs.
Required Skills / Experience
- Excellent knowledge of; .NET C# MVC/Core, PHP, SQL (MSSQL, MySql)
- Fantastic knowledge of Content Management System solutions
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming
- HTML5, CSS3, JS experience
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Familiar with design and architectural patterns
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Project Management Experience
- Demonstrable experience developing data dashboards linking multiple data sources to create user-friendly live reporting
- Version control experience & exposure to 3rd party API integrations
- Demonstrable experience conducting user interface and experience research to understand potential audiences driving statistics and with a proven ability to present results clearly and succinctly to inform product development and future campaigns
As well as the technical know-how to fulfill the role, the successful candidate will have a positive attitude, the ability to work as part of a team and adaptable to changing priorities.
This position is working Monday - Friday 9.00 am - 5.30 pm
Successful candidates will be contacted within 5 days of their applications, should you not hear from us within this time, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.