CMD Recruitment are working with a leading engineering consultancy based in Bradford. Due to expansion, our client is actively seeking to recruit permanent full time Auto Electrician / Vehicle Electrician / Commercial Vehicle Electrician to work from their depot in Bradford.
You will be responsible for carrying out installation and integration, wiring up electrical systems, carrying out diagnostic checks, troubleshooting/ fault finding and rectify any faults, service, and maintenance of our client's lorry mounted cranes.
Our client is also open to candidates who have a background in electrical engineering or commercial electrics who are interested to train within auto electrics.
- electrical experience
- Experience with working with a wide range of commercial vehicles an advantage.
- Repairing or replacing faulty parts/modules.
- Retesting the system to make sure everything is working correctly and safely.
- Good logical and fault-finding techniques.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and to timelines.
- Experienced in the use of electrical automotive testing/installation equipment.
- Good practical skills for using a range of tools and electronic instruments.
- Relevant auto electrician qualification an advantage (NVQ, City and Guilds etc.)
- The ability to read electrical wiring diagrams/drawings.
- Hands on manufacturing experience ideally in commercial vehicle bodywork or crane manufacturing
- Previous experience of wiring of electrical components and systems on HGV's
- Demonstrate skillset using various hand tools
- Ability to ensure production target output and quality is maintained
In return, our client is offering a fantastic long-term career opportunity, an attractive package including overtime and bonuses, a non-contributory pension and share incentive scheme and staff discounts.