Assistant Financial Controller
This is a varied role, so the role holder will need to be adaptable, proactive and can challenge current ways of working where needed. They will also be responsible for monitoring reports, budgets and assisting in making the right commercial decisions.
- Prepare, develop and maintain budgets for two different site including key metrics and volume tracking and providing timely financial analysis of operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operating policies, trends and incremental profit opportunities.
- Monthly analytical review, balance sheet account reconciliations, variance analysis and monthly reporting packages and preparing content and participating in monthly and quarterly operations reviews.
- Developing and implementing an annual budget process, monthly forecast methodology and daily/weekly P&Ls for plant manager while providing input and reviewing key data points for daily, weekly and monthly operational metrics of plant.
- Developing annual capital expenditure budget and forecast with management team in addition to assisting with all quarterly and year-end audit requirements such as: publishing accurate month end financials reviewing monthly close for your location and providing support for monthly journal entries required including revenue, MHE, supplies, temp labour, travel, etc.
- Review, approval, support and tracking of spend of all capital expenditures that relate to assigned sites and review of financial summaries and all supporting detail with, ops and account management
- Tracking of actual results and identification of deviations to assumptions as per pricing model and ongoing modelling of updates to new business as scope changes occur and accurately reporting of new business to operation and account management and within SAP while tracking of launch budgets associated with new customers
- Invoice creation for multi customers, journal preparation for month end
- VAT and other adhoc duties
- Part Qualified or Newly qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA accountant
- Experience of producing a profit and loss account and balance sheet for an entity/division
- Strong accounting acumen (e.g. revenue recognition, capitalisation, intercompany accounting principles)
- Experienced in using SAP or equivalent, and efficiently accessing data required to review and interrogate
- Proven record in identifying and delivering opportunities for continuous improvement
- Experience successfully managing audit requirements
- Strong communicator with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Desired someone with Transport / Warehousing environment experience
- Proactively drive change and improvement in month end processes
- Interpret balance sheet movements for onward communication to Finance management and audit teams
- Identify and act on balance sheet risks/opportunities, and any gaps in financial controls
- Collaboration and communication with peers across different departments to establish the new Finance Operating Model
- Demonstrates a solution orientated approach
- Highly organised, with the ability to multi-task