Carpentry /Wood Assessor/Lecturer
Radstock , Wiltshire
Permanent 37.5 hours a week
up to £ 32750 a year
Responsible to: Apprenticeships Manager
Responsible for: Apprentice caseload
Are you a carpenter by trade or have a vocational qualification in wood work or carpentry and interested in teaching this craft to others ?
My client is a college that delivers apprenticeships and seeking an assessor trainer to join them
You will work with the Apprenticeship Manager to deliver a high quality wood occupation apprenticeship programme including architectural Joinery and Site Carpentry to all apprentices, that meets quality estandards and prepares apprentices in both knowledge, skills and behaviours that meet the needs of the industry, the Apprenticeship Institute and End-Point Assessment criteria to a merit or distinction standard.
You will manage, review, assess and train a caseload of apprentices who are based in the workplace and are currently undertaking Apprenticeships. To ensure that the success rates of apprentices are at or above the level set by the College.
The ideal candidate will hold a Teaching qualification and a TAQA or equivalent assessor award.
Vocational experience in carpentry or wood work
Any understanding or previous experience of apprenticeships and the apprenticeship standards will be an advantage
Main responsibilities are to :
- Support, advise and assist apprentices during their training.
- To assess apprentices' progress and maintain records of assessments of learning carried out.
- To create an engaging learning programme that inspires and motivates apprentices to improve their knowledge, skills and behaviours in the field of Carpentry.
- Develop a flexible learning programme that accommodates group delivery and 1:1 delivery, offering a digital learning platform in addition to traditional face to face learning opportunities.
- Deliver knowledge-based learning modules in accordance with the IFA assessment guidelines.
- Conduct regular assessment of learning through workplace observations and professional discussions.
- Succesful candidates will need to have experience of:
- Working in wood occupations including Site Carpentry and Archtectuarl (Bench Joinery) with indepth knowledge of the different disciplines required.
- Experience in the fields of Architectural Joinery and Site Carpentry
- Delivering high quality assement and teaching of apprenticeship standards in the area of wood occupations
- Experience of delivering formal training in both
- Strong teamworking, attention to detail, planning, time management and decision making skills
- I.T - Skilled in the use of multiple IT packages (inc MS Office) and systems relevant to the department in order to: write emails, record and analyse data.
- Good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms.
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons in line with College Policy.
- Complete Safeguarding and Prevent qualification on a 3 year cycle and attend regular training as required
- Health and Safety responsibilities:
- To observe and keep aware of Health and Safety documentation and procedures in line with College policy.
- Complete online courses on an annual basis
If this sounds of interest then please do get in touch with your cV