£18,900 - £20,700 Per Annum - DOE
Temporary to Permanent
7.30 - 16.00 Monday to Thursday and 7.30 to 15.30 on a Friday
My client who design and manufacture bespoke electronic solutions for blue chip organisation nationwide, is seeking an experienced Assembly Technician to join their established team in the Chippenham area.
The main function of this role will be the manual assembly of mechanical parts and semiconductors, including electrical wiring and hydraulic connections. Working from technical drawings.
- Using simple hand and machine tools, including soldering processes.
- Attention to detail ensuring quality standards are maintained.
- Carrying out insulation / electrical testing of completed assemblies.
- Booking work through the in house computer system and other general IT tasks.
- Ensuring jobs are completed efficiently and to strict deadlines.
- Previous assembly / workshop experience, including wiring, hydraulic fitting & soldering.
- Ability to fully understand and read technical drawings, including 3rd angle projection.
- A keen Interest and passion in mechanical / electrical engineering.
- Good team player who is flexible and works well under own initiative.
- Positive hands-on approach and excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working to production deadlines, with a can-do attitude
- Familiar with working within quality principles and standards
- Competent IT skills and understanding of software packages.
- Full British Driving Licence, as some off-site work may be required.
- Good understanding of health and safety policies and procedures.
- ONC/HNC in BTEC Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- 5 GCSE, to including Maths and English.
The successful candidate will be extremely proactive, work well to tight deadlines and be confident working within a fast paced production environment. In return, this is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive organisation, who pride themselves on product quality and who are highly respected specialist within their field.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to inform you of the outcome of your application, fully supporting all applicants throughout the process.