My client is a precision engineering machine shop, who manufacture precision parts for the rail industry and due to growth, they are looking for an experienced Assembly Operative to join their small manufacturing team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader within their industry who are part of a global business with various locations throughout the world. They supply some of the major names within the rail industry, and their products are at the leading edge within their industry.
The main duties within the role of Assembly Operative are:
- Inspection, assembly and testing of mechatronic machined products.
- Ensure all tooling, fixtures and gauges are to correct specification to produce the required parts.
- Ensure material, drawing and planning sheets are to the correct revision.
- Responsible for own inspection of parts produced.
- Regularly achieve daily targets putting forward new proposals for increased output/capacity.
The role will involve initially working a day shift pattern Monday to Friday 0700-1600 and 0700-1200 on Friday, and currently, there is overtime available which is paid at a premium.
The role is suited to a candidate with a strong engineering background, ideally accompanied with s engineering qualifications