Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 10:00 to 18:00 (*Full time) although some flexibility is required due to nature of work. *Day work only.
I am recruiting for a Yard and Facilities Hand to join our Client located within Newbury, Berkshire.
You will be responsible for a variety of tasks as follows:
- Random security checks of employees leaving site for lunch and the end of the day.
- Daily tour of the sites, checking general security and reporting any findings to the Yard Manager.
- Keeping changing rooms/canteen clear and tidy.
- End of the day: - walk around after all line operators have left the premises and the gates are closed.
- End of the day: - check all work lines for stray batteries, particular attention to be paid to the Battery Removal line and Hardware Processing line.
- Security of site closure at the end of the day: - windows and doors closed and secure. Heaters all turned off.
- Check all vehicles that are parked in the yard are locked and not obstructing any security cameras.
- Checking of mixed batteries so there are no trailing wires.
- Frequently checking during the day that the storage of batteries are correctly placed in the allocated collection points.
- Collection point areas are to be emptied before leaving the site each night and stored safely in the correct location.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed and any incidences are reported immediately to the Yard Manager.
- Training will be given to ensure the safe battery storage and disposal.
- Checking and topping up of the Rat Bait stations around all sites including Thatcham.
- Checking and replenishing the following daily: - Hand towels/hand machines, soap dispensers, toilet rolls.
- Emptying all waste bins in the main office at the end of the day.
- Washing and drying of used work gloves using the facilities provided.
- Checking and topping up the drink machines in the canteen when necessary.
- Cleaning the drinks machines at all three sites.
If this position is of interest and you would like to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Dan Pyle at CMD Recruitment on 01225 805080 and email your CV to email@example.com