As the sole Financial Officer, this offers an ideal opportunity to join our rapidly expanding company that will enable you to grow with us and to develop your career in this newly created role, leading on to broader aspects of Company Administration.
- Sage 50 Book Keeping
- Reconciling, monitoring and maintaining the company's bank accounts.
- Help plan, manage & account for transactions undertaken in foreign currency.
- Management and maintenance of both the sales and purchase ledger.
- Dealing with queries regarding receivables - liaising with Customer Services and the warehouse where necessary for PODs, shortages, damages etc.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Producing customer statements.
- Undertaking credit control tasks as required. Controlling accounts payable and accounts receivable, dealing with all queries by email and telephone.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Undertaking supplier payment runs.
- Administering and processing monthly staff expense claims.
- Reconciliation of company credit cards.
- Raising non-stock purchase orders and processing invoices
- Ad-hoc office administrative tasks.
- Assisting with cash flow control and forecasting, as well as budget preparation
- Liaise with Company Accountants to produce reports, within tight deadlines.
Holding an accountancy qualification such as AAT, ACCA or CIMA would be advantageous but candidates qualified by significant experience (minimum of 3 years) will also be considered. The candidate will need to have experience handling all accounting aspects for a business using Sage 50 bookkeeping software. You will have good numeracy and problem-solving ability, enjoy working to formal guidelines and procedures. You will have good hands-on experience with financial systems and demonstrate the skills to work with the data effectively. This would be an ideal role for someone who is confident and capable of working to own initiative and is proficient in all aspects of accounting.