Salary £40-55k DOE
My Client, a well-established building contractor with extensive experience is currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator to join their successful business.
You will be working on some exciting projects such as Bespoke Renovations, Extensions and New Builds. They have a spectacular portfolio and win a lot of work from recommendation and repeat projects with values from £300k to 3 million.
The Ideal candidate will be industry qualified to work as a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator is essential. Ideally, you will also have a strong mathematical background as well as be comfortable presenting not just tender submissions but also quality submissions to high-level clients.
You will also be tasked with sourcing new tendering opportunities as well as obtaining the best possible prices on Labour and Materials.
- You will have an eye for detail, fully understanding the QS role and able to work to budgets given.
- You will be highly experienced in procurement and tendering
- You will have front-line experience of buying and negotiating
- Having cost correctly you will be experienced in then delivering to those costs
- You will have excellent construction technology knowledge
- You will be keen for a challenge
- You will have excellent communications skills and be comfortable liaising with high net worth clients, subcontractors and suppliers
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Value engineering / commercial management
- Producing detailed preliminary cost budgets, feasibility studies, BOQ’s/SOR’s and cash flow forecasts for new projects
- Drafting and coordinating JCT contracts for Design & Build projects
- Sub-contract tendering and procurement including the production of detailed tender packages based on construction drawings and specifications
- Material/supply tendering including the production of detailed tender packages based on construction drawings and specifications
- Monitoring and explaining cost movements, production of monthly cost reports
- Payment of subcontractors, variation orders and settlement of final accounts
To be considered for the role my client is requesting a cover letter explaining your experience and why you think you would be suitable for this opportunity, making sure you explain any relevant experience.