Temp to perm ( 12 weeks temp minimum )
£ 25000 per year
35 hour week Monday to Friday
Bournemouth ( with some travel to other regions in Dorset )
Are you a tutor looking for a chance to make a real difference to people's lives ?
This role is working for a Charity in the Bournemouth region but will require some travel to meet learners so being able to drive is essential and business mileage will be reimburssed
My client is seeking a competent Basic Skills Tutor who will have responsibility for the development and delivery of Basic Skills Qualifications, on a project that is part funded by the European Social Fund in conjunction with the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund on the Building Better Opportunities in Dorset.
The ideal candidate will
- work towards and achieve targets set by my client relating to all aspects of the Foundation Learning and Study Programme frameworks, by delivering Basic Skills in the subject areas of Maths and English, with ICT embedded in all sessions.
- achieve and report on individual and team weekly and monthly reporting performance targets
In terms of qualifications you will require the following :
- Hold a minimum of Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy
- Hold a Level 3 training qualification or equivalent qualification
- Excellent attention to detail
- Achieve company KPI’s and Individual Performance Plan.
- Plan individual learning to meet learner needs and ensure lesson plans are prepared prior to learners attending and are linked to overarching Schemes of Work.
- Create conditions in the training centre(s) which will help to develop the abilities, skill and confidence of each learner.
- Ensure that discipline is maintained at all times and that learners are supervised appropriately.
- Undertaking pastoral duties and supporting learners on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
- Support the implementation and development of the Basic Skills Strategy.
- Plan embedded learning for groups and individuals.
- Ensure that learners are involved in the decision-making process, either as individuals or in groups through learner voice forums, surveys, attendance at Standardisation and Curriculum Review sessions etc.
Job Criteria Essential Criteria
- Excellent IT skills using the full range of Microsoft Office
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with Management
- Drive and ability to work in a fast paced environment with a proven track record of achieving desired outcomes and a demonstrated ability to exceed targets
- The ability to oversee robust processes and controls
- Highly developed planning, coordination, administration, organisational, communication and time management skills
- Demonstrate sound judgement and composure, and the confidence to provide feedback