They are now looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Product Engineering team based in Devizes. The main function of the role will be working on NPD projects, from concept generation, research and collate supporting information and produce technical specifications on products.
- Define performance goals and devise a test strategy to ensure that new products meet all necessary requirements, including for function, durability, manufacturability and lifespan.
- Manage multiple projects, taking responsibility for delivering innovative and proven solutions on time.
- Produce detailed designs suitable for manufacture.
- Maintain all project documentation and files, in line with company procedures, to ensure accurate handover to production and compliance with relevant standards.
- Test and evaluate design solutions to ensure functional and quality requirements are achieved and compliant with international standards.
- Liaise with suppliers to produce components for testing and manufacture.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Educated to degree level
- CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Industrial experience in a similar NPD environment
- Tenacity and problem solving
- Knowledge of testing and approval processes
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing materials and processes
In return my client offers a competitive salary and benefits package with the role.