Paying £25,000 - £27,000
Based in Swindon
We are working with a leading manufacturer with over 50 years of innovation with their headquaters based in Swindon. The excitement of further growth continues with already over 100 employees. The company are front runners in their industry and develop class-leading products which are distributed worldwide.
You will be responsible for raising purchase orders, negotiating contracts with suppliers, optimisation of inventories, stock availability to meet customer demand and cost down activities. Support the Supply Chain Manager in the delivery and implementation of supply chain strategies that significantly improve supply performance.
Ensure the purchasing schedules will meet fully the business production demands. Develop strong and effective supplier relationships. Contribute to supplier performance management and maintain a suite of KPIs to measure and challenge quality, cost and delivery performance and act on the results where required. Contribute to an inventory strategy to improve and optimise inventory turns to optimise working capital. Ensure all negotiated gains and cost savings are tracked, measured and delivered.
- New supplier review and negotiation
- Develop strong and effective supplier relationships, ensuring a consistently high standard of service
- Benchmarking of prices to ensure the supply base remains competitive
- Investigate and manage supplier delivery dates and any issues
- Drive cost reduction and quality improvements
- Conduct regular supplier performance reviews and maintain performance KPIs
- Process purchase orders using the ERP system outputs