Construction Contracts Manager
Swindon Based (Working across the South West)
Do you have experience in managing commercial / industrial / residential Construction Projects to a high specification?
CMD Recruitment are delighted to be working with an expanding Swindon based company as they take on additional contracts and look to increase their team.
Our client is currently looking for a Construction Contracts Manager to join their team and assist with the development of a variety of different commercial / industrial / residential sites across the UK as required. The successful candidate will work closely with their Line Manager, subcontractors, suppliers and project team to ensure a high-quality standard is delivered across all aspects of the project.
Candidates should have experience in successful project delivery and be able to work with limited/no support or supervision. The ability to manage budgets and organise teams to work to agreed dates and costs is essential. You must be confident in managing team members to ensure they are clear on all tasks and be able to provide feedback on their performance and how they could improve. Candidates must be able to allocate their team accordingly, whilst being motivating, providing training and recruiting people as required.
The candidate must:
- Hold a full UK driving licence and use of car
- Possess a valid CSCS card
- Have good IT skills in Microsoft suites
- Have a positive team ethic and great communication skills
- Have a clear knowledge and understanding of the Construction industry
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Produce and update project management plans using Microsoft Project for your Line Manager
- Work closely with QS team to track and manage project financials
- Liaise regularly with subcontractors and project team to review plans
- Identify and manage any risks and issues
- Ensure that any documentation required by the client is completed
- Work with the Health and Safety team to ensure compliance with procedures and legislation
- Ensure that delays or request for time extensions are raised in line with the contract
- Working on typically 1-2 projects at a time in direct charge of up to 6 site managers
- Managing a budget of up to £2.5 million
About the Client
With over 50-year’s trading experience as a trustworthy, reliable partner, our client delivers all aspects of specialist joinery manufacture & installation, interior fit-outs and construction for a variety of well-known National brands.
For more details about the role, please get in touch.