Project Manager – National Careers Service
6 months FTC
£ 25000 per annum ( pro rata )
A project management qualification is desirable but not essential.
CMD Recruitment Ltd is delighted to be working with a Provider in the Midlands delivering the National Careers Service.
The Project Manager will implement and manage the National Careers Service Projects commissioned by the ESFA. You will implement and deliver Project Plans in coordination with local managers within designated timeframes and ensure outlined outcomes are achieved. You will actively promote and drive the purpose of the projects to gain a wide participation of partners and customers for success.
The location is to be confirmed but there needs to be flexible to work across the West Midlands and Staffordshire.
The role reports into the Regional Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a position that involves working/volunteering with Adults.
You will require a DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level.
A brief overview of the role is as follows:
My client is continually being commissioned to deliver Projects outside of the main contract. The Project Manager will implement and deliver core elements of Project Plans through engaging managers, partners and customers to achieve the outlines outcomes. To continually evaluate each project to ensure on track and adjust in consultation with the Regional Operations Manager and Partnership Manager.
- To oversee, develop and execute a comprehensive project plan across assigned Projects
- To work closely with Prospects managers, subcontractor managers and specialists to deliver the targets set out in each Project
- To lead on the coordination and delivery of activity in line with each Project Plan
- To ensure all elements of each project are in place to include: delivery venues, partnerships, training materials for specialists; training materials for other professionals; training materials for customers, tracking processes, marketing material, etc
- To identify markets and develop relationships with the potential partner base to include employers, JCP’s, DWP, WMCA. LEP’s, providers, etc
- To identify target customer groups and actively market too and engage participation in the projects
- To work with the Regional Operations Manager and Partnership Manager to ensure timely delivery of projects and full funding drawn down. To escalate issues outside tolerance levels of Project Plan
- To analyse and use MI data to report progress to ESFA, SMT, delivery teams and identify any remedial action required to keep projects on track
- To use digital and social media tools to promote and engage participation in the projects
- Ensure adherence to the company’s equalities and diversity policy.
- Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post.
- An understanding of the career’s guidance landscape
- A proven background in project management managing multiple projects
- An ability to develop a clear project vision and goals and be able to articulate these to others
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Work well under pressure to include the pressure associated with meeting sales targets
- A good problem solver
- Excellent written and MI analysis skills
- Able to design materials, present; pitch and train
- Able to ‘run’ with an idea and develop a set of achievable, time-bound objectives
- Able to meet deadlines
- Project management qualification desirable
- Car driver desirable
If this is of interest please send your CV for consideration.