My client is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join the team. You will have overall responsibility for the strategic planning and execution of all build projects.
You will work closely with the Production Manager to direct operational staff and coordinate with middle production management.
- Leading weekly production managers meeting alongside Production Manager to provide middle production management with clear directives and targets.
- Top-level strategic control of all build projects using digital tools such as Gantt Charts, Excel, LiquidPlanner or equivalent.
- Update, maintain and develop the detailed build programme, including understanding commercial and cash-flow requirements.
- Ensure delivery of all build projects in line with the required timescale.
- Supporting contact (alongside Sales Representative) for clients when visiting site.
- Liaison with Procurement and Quality departments to maintain and improve upon development and quality.
- Identify conflicts in scope of parts supply, project complexity and configuration and resolve accordingly.
- Identify areas of improvement within processes and implement accordingly.
- Strategic management of all production department managers.
- Supporting contact for all operational staff.
- Monitoring of team morale, communication between departments, and dynamic project assignment.
- Assessment and documentation of staff competencies alongside Production Manager.
- Strategic development of suitable training programme for current and new staff.
- Update, maintain and develop Time in Motion (TiM) studies for build projects.
- Update, maintain and develop total build cost tracking (to include Bill of Materials, Labour Rates, Rework) for build projects.
QUALIFICATIONS, BACKGROUND AND SKILLS PREFFERED:
- Graduate degree (or equivalent qualification).
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to innovate and solve problems laterally.
- Strict attention to detail with the ability to work effectively as an independent unit without day to day supervision.
- Experience with the top-level use of project management system and cost systems.
- Knowledge of Time in Motion.
- Knowledge of Production Style(s) such as Six Sigma, LEAN.
- Knowledge of ISO9000.
- Automotive / Aeronautical / Heavy Machinery background preferable.
- Strong digital communication skills, specifically by e-mail.
- HIGH-LEVEL COMPUTING / IT PROFICIENCY IS MANDITORY.
- PROFICIENCY WITH THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS MANDITORY.
- 10 to 15 years
- Dynamic, efficient and effective working relationship with Production Manager.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- To attend relevant Site Meetings and make relevant reports.
- Developmental work.
- To provide regular updates to the Board of Directors on each project during its life.
- To hold project meetings at least weekly with all appropriate personnel present to monitor progress and performance levels.
- To carry out other duties that falls within the speciality and competence of the jobholder, as agreed by the Directors.
- Ability to foster team relationships and work with others.
- Whilst based primarily at the UK HQ the candidate should be prepared and able to travel freely worldwide, specifically to the USA and Canada.