My client a leader in their field are looking for a Production Manager to join the team. You will have overall responsibility for day to day floor level operations and operational staff.
You will be working closely with the Operations Manager to direct staff and coordinate with middle production management.
- Leading weekly production managers meeting alongside Operations Manager to provide middle production management with clear directives and targets.
- Day-to-day floor-level control of all build projects, reporting updates to Directorship and Operations Manager.
- Following the build programme and ensure timely delivery of completed projects.
- Liaison with marketing and sales to coordinate build developments and facilitate marketing activities.
- Liaison with external contractors and suppliers to ensure consistent service.
- Identify conflicts in scope of parts supply, project complexity and configuration to be reported to Operations Manager.
- Liaising with Research and Development teams to implement new processes.
- One-to-one operational management of all production department managers.
- Principal contact for all operational staff.
- Upkeep of team morale, clear communication between departments and dynamic project assignment.
- Resolving operational staff disputes and providing operational staff positive feedback.
- Performing operational staff appraisals.
- Assessment and documentation of staff competencies alongside Operations Manager.
- Arranging and maintaining suitable training programme for current and new staff.
- Inspection of finished projects using the Quality Assurance Framework.
- Inspection of in-process projects using the Build Manual and Quality Assurance Framework.
- Coordinating unit reworks as necessary, identifying fault causes and resolutions.
- Co-ordination of inspection of build goods received at HQ.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND PREFERRED:
- Leadership and Management Qualifications preferable.
- Clear background in organization and discipline.
- Knowledge of ISO9000.
- Knowledge of Production Style(s) such as Six Sigma, LEAN.
- Experience of dynamic management of large operational teams essential.
- Automotive / Aeronautical / Heavy Machinery background preferable.
- PROFICIENCY WITH THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS MANDITORY.
- 10 to 15 years
- Dynamic, efficient and effective working relationship with Operations Manager.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- To attend relevant Site Meetings and make relevant reports.
- Developmental work.
- To provide regular updates to the Operations Manager on each project during its life.
- To hold project meetings at least weekly with all appropriate personnel present to monitor progress and performance levels.
- To carry out other duties that fall within the speciality and competence of the jobholder, as agreed by the Directors.
- Strong organisational skills; specifically with the reading and understanding of digital planning/project management systems.
- Ability to foster team relationships and work with others.
- Show resilience and demonstrate initiative in decision-making processes related to programme needs, staff needs and time constraints.
- Whilst based primarily at the UK HQ the candidate should be prepared and able to travel freely worldwide, specifically to the USA and Canada.
- Good communication skills specifically by e-mail, in meetings and on site.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Manager to join the team.