£28000 - £32000 per annum
3 months ago
My client is looking to recruit a Materials Planner for their manufacturing site based in Melksham.
They manufacture braking systems for the rail industry and are part of a global business with various global locations throughout the world supplying a blue-chip client base.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a marker leader within their industry, and within the role of Materials Planner your main function will be to ensure parts are available for OE, Projects and the aftermarket industry. The other duties will be:
· Orderbook management including stock and inventory control and expediting parts to achieve the on-time delivery target.
· Material planning (release of purchase orders, registration of order acknowledgements, expediting, clarification of invoice differences)
· Data entry and maintenance of SAP master data within the business
· Work closely with suppliers to achieve a high standard of delivery performance, settling any questionable deliveries, with the appropriate internal department.
· Monitors stock quantities, to achieve required service levels whilst improving the department’s inventory turn rate.
· Provides daily communication and feedback to Logistic and Production Planners, Warehouse and Manufacturing operations, as to delivery dates, delays, and/or process problems.
· Interacts with suppliers in announcing increases/ decreases/ scheduling alignments or changes to the production requirements and assesses impact to supplier and manufacturing.
· Liaising with Customer Service and Quality departments.
The successful candidate will be educated to A Level standard or hold a relevant NVQ qualification in Engineering, Science or Business Discipline. MUST have previous experience within the engineering/Manufacturing industry.
In return my client offers a competitive salary and benefits package with the role.