Salary: £35k – 50k
The successful candidate will be taking a central role to deliver high quality and timely expertise to clients and customers.
The work is desk-based and brings new challenges daily, covering chemical contamination and emergencies, environmental and human health exposure, hazard and risk assessments (including the development of relevant quality standards) and the fate and behaviour of chemicals in the environment (air, water and soil).
- Providing technical expertise in the preparation of chemical hazard and risk assessments for industry, the water companies and UK and international regulators, ensuring the technical output of all written and verbal work meets high standards
- Evaluate, interpret and summarise toxicological data to support risk and hazard assessments of chemical substances.
- Liaises with a broad range of clients from private companies to government agencies.
- To support the managers in the development of new growth opportunities.
- Preparing dossiers and documents in support of industrial applications to REACH and other regulations
- Providing 24-hour support to our key clients as part of the toxicology advisory service
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project teams as and when required
The role involves extensive interaction with fellow human health experts, eco-toxicologists, and chemists as well as working alongside other environmental and engineering disciplines.
- A first degree in a biological, chemical or health science discipline
- Post-graduate specialisation in toxicology, for example, through an MSc qualification
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Good PC skills and knowledge of software such as IUCLID, QSAR, BMDS, Toxtree.
Candidates will have a positive attitude and be highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a multifunctional team. Further professional career development is encouraged.
Do you have the right experience and looking for a new challenge? The successful applicant can be offered flexible working and excellent benefits.
Please contact Nicole on 01225 805080 if you have any questions or apply today to not miss out on this opportunity!