They are a leading subcontractor who work with clients all throughout the UK, working to British, European and International standards as required.
The successful candidate must have strong experience reading and interpreting the contents of tender specifications, architectural and engineering drawings and ability to use the information to build manual and/or software generated material take offs/estimates, costs schedules, and both contract and tender sum quotes as required.
- Review construction documents and understand scope of work to bid.
- Ability to understand estimation & tendering function across different contractual environments and requirements, returning the tenders to spec.
- Coordinating preparation of all supporting documentation required in the tender bid.
- Strong understanding of the cost profile across the full manufacturing, and installation process.
- Value engineering to propose alternatives to specifications to reduce costs and / or improve quality, efficiency and project profitability.
- Variance analysis between estimates/quotes an in-contract Add’s/Omits to aid contract profitability via variation monitoring to original quoted specification.
- Communicating with clients regarding the tender and presenting the final submissions to the client.
- Ability to recruit and lead an internal team of Estimators, prioritising work to meet deadlines, and hiring new staff to meet projected enquiry demand.
- Ability to create invitation to quote and appoint on best price & terms related disciplines such as metal & roof decking and cladding, and/or sub-contractors/installation teams, and plant hire as required on projects.
- Detail knowledge and experience of the technical elements of the structural steel industry such as fabrication, welding and painting.
- At least 5-7 years relevant work experience within a similar role
- On-site experience demonstrating understanding of the steel delivery, site access and installation process to ensure that quotes are inclusive of all cost inputs.