Trainee Hardware Engineer
£16,000 - £18,000 + Depending on experience
Our client, a leading organisation in Cirencester is looking for a trainee Engineer to join them on a full-time permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the auditing, testing and storage of received equipment. You will be taught a wide range of technical troubleshooting skills in server hardware and software and providing resolution calls to customers.
As this is a trainee position, you do not need to have previous experience. Our client is looking for someone who is a confident communicator with the tenacity and drive to learn new skills.
- Testing and auditing Server Hardware
- Problem solving on servers and storage equipment
- Accompanying Senior Engineers on site visits
- Supervised installation, maintenance and movement of Server hardware and software including Platform specific diagnostic utilities
- Install and upgrade operating systems
- Solve basic hardware and software problems
- Troubleshoot day to day problems
- Update in-house stock systems
Required Skills / Experience
- An interest in IT
- Fantastic communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s
- A higher education qualification NVQ Level 3 / BTEC Level 3 / A level standard, or equivalents
- Full Clean UK licence
- Well organised
CMD Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.